We are the Digital Leaders. We are pupils in Year 5 whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of Computing throughout our school. Computers and technology is an ever growing tool in school and we strongly feel we as children need to be a part of this and help spread it throughout our school.
We as digital leaders, are excited by the opportunity to get involved and bring lots of exciting opportunities for Computing. We would like to share some of our current and upcoming rolls throughout our school roles that we have and will be implementing throughout our school.
Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Leader could be:
- Testing and reviewing new ICT resources, which could be websites, software/hardware such as launching homework online.
- Share our skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Set up ICT equipment in classrooms/clubs for both children and teachers.
- Attend and lead Computing Clubs.
- Support teachers and peers when using ICT in the school.
- Create how-to video help guides.
- Teach all the children how to stay safe online
- To take care of the school electronics and distribute it throughout our school
- Top Tips for the week: found on the website e.g. How to deal with online situations.
Within school, we are currently:
- Delivering and collecting computing equipment.
- Receiving training to develop our skills as digital leaders.
- Teaching our classes how to use programs on the IPads to produce cards.
- Creating internet safety videos.
- Creating our own section on the website which will be packed full of useful links and resources.
- Creating teaching and ‘how to’ tutoring videos for the website.